Welcome to Success in Six!
Success in Six is a self-paced online learning program offered by INFOhio (www.infohio.org) that shows you the latest ways to use digital resources to support 1:1, blended learning, personalized learning, differentiation, and a host of other student needs. There are two options to earn credit using the the Success in Six Modules.
Option One: No cost certificate. Check with your Local Professional Development Committee for CEU approval. To receive a certificate, complete at least one module and take a quiz. Certificates include your name, date of the quiz, module title, and indicate three hours of completed time. You can complete one or all of the modules in any order. All modules are accessed at the Success in Six homepage.
Option Two: Continuing Education College Credit is available through Ashland University’s Professional Development Services. Select the courses linked below for information including registration information.
Upon completion, to order transcripts you will need to create a WebAdvisor account.
Each module contains an overview to bring you up to speed on the topic and then guides you to sites and tools to explore more deeply. It finishes with activities that let you practice new skills. Module descriptions:
- Learn to Search and Research Effectively—Are you tired of your students finding the top three hits on Google and calling it a search well done? Then try the techniques in this module to give them insider tips on effective search techniques that save time. Help your students become research experts, using critical thinking, problem solving and communication skill techniques presented in this module.
- Engage Your Students with Reading Resources—We all tend to skim when we read online, yet we ask our students to read more and take more tests online than ever before. This module gives you techniques for helping students read deeply and comprehend more using INFOhio's online text.
- Develop Career Ready Students— Do you help your students explore and learn about careers available today and predicted to be needed in the future? Do you help students develop the soft skills needed to be successful as life-long learners, employees and employers? This module introduces the many resources available, here in Ohio, to assist students in career exploration, research, and preparation.
- Discover High Quality STEAM Resources—Ohio educators have access to thousands of diagrams, videos, virtual experiments, and articles that support science, technology, engineering, the arts, and math topics. Learn ways to incorporate them in this module.
- Explore INFOhio’s Differentiation Tools—Discover innovative techniques for using digital tools to help students learn wherever they are and whatever their needs.
- Find Free Content for Your Google Classroom— Learn easy ways to integrate INFOhio’s free digital content into your Google Classroom or other learning management systems. Hone your skills to deliver blended learning while developing new techniques to personalize learning for your students.
Start exploring Success in Six today! We hope you find it useful.
Please direct any questions or comments to INFOhio Support.