|#1||Search - Model Searching with this Sample ISearch|
Here is a quick search you can use to model how ISearch works.
1. Try a search in the ISearch box above. Use the keywords Ohio history.
2. Explore the filters that you find along the left side of your screen when you click each of the tabs.
- Can you find the format filter?
- Can you find a subject filter?
- Can you find a source type filter?
- Which filters will be more useful to you and which filters will be more useful to your students?
Note: If you need a quick refresher on ISearch and filters, review the ISearch Video Tutorial for Teachers.
|#2||Extend the Learning|
Think about how you will teach searching to your students. Evaluate the ways you are helping students to think critically about where they are searching and what they are finding. How will using ISearch and the INFOhio resources help your students become critical thinkers and problem solvers?
Extend the learning with these tools:
- Need a lesson to help students learn ways to use keywords and filters effectively? Try one of these:
- Need ideas on implementing ISearch? Review the Educator Guide to ISearch.
- Want to link to INFOhio? Use https://www.infohio.org/.
- Want to link to ISearch, include an ISearch button or an ISearch widget (search box) on your web page? Follow the directions in the Educator Guide to ISearch: Customizing ISearch.