Welcome to Success in Six!
Success in Six is a self-paced online learning program that shows you the latest ways to use digital resources to support 1:1, blended learning, personalized learning, differentiation, and a host of other student needs. It is offered at no charge to any Ohio educator—teachers, librarians, tech coordinators, administrators —from INFOhio (www.infohio.org), Ohio's PreK-12 digital library.
Each module contains an overview to bring you up to speed on the topic and then guides you to sites and tools to explore more deeply. It finishes with activities that let you practice new skills.
You can complete one or all of the modules in any order:
- Develop Your Research Toolbox—Use online research to develop more than cut-and-paste skills. Use it to develop critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills by using the techniques in this module.
- Learn to Search Effectively—Are you tired of your students finding the top three hits on Google and calling it a search well done? Then try the techniques in this module to give them insider tips on more effective search techniques that will save them time and make them look like research experts.
- Discover High Quality STEAM Resources—Ohio educators have access to thousands of diagrams, videos, virtual experiments, and articles that support science, technology, engineering, the arts, and math topics. Learn ways to incorporate them in this module.
- Engage Your Students with Reading Resources—We all tend to skim when we read online, yet we ask our students to read more and take more tests online than ever before. This module gives you techniques for helping students read deeply and comprehend more using INFOhio's online text.
- Find Free Content for Your Blended Classroom— Learn easy ways to integrate INFOhio’s free digital content into many learning management systems (LMS) for blended learning while developing new techniques to personalize learning for your students.
- Explore INFOhio’s Differentiation Tools—Discover innovative techniques for using digital tools to help students learn wherever they are and whatever their needs.
Complete a module and take a quiz to receive a certificate with your name, date of the quiz, module title and that you have earned three contact hours. Most districts accept a certificate for CEU credit. If your district is interested in providing Success in Six with workshop credit from a university, there are several options:
- INFOhio’s partners, NWOET and ideastream, are providing Success in Six for credit offerings. For more information, contact NWOET at email@example.com and/or ideastream at Ann.Ebersole@ideastream.org
- A draft syllabus and work record is available for districts to revise to use in the workshop credit application process. Click here for a sample syllabus. Click here for a sample student work record to use with the syllabus.
Start exploring Success in Six today! We hope you find it useful. Please send any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.